Thursday, April 22, 2010

Idol Gives Back- Top 7 Eliminations

Hello Blog Readers!

I apologize that I was unable to write about Tuesday's episode in time to make a prediction and recap the performances.  I still wanted to follow up and say:

HALLELUJAH!  Tim's time is up!

If only this had happened earlier in the season (perferably in the semi-final rounds) then this season may have been salvageable.  Still, Tim provided some interesting moments (ummm... the knee slide?!) but thank goodness we will not have to sit through another episode of his cheesy fake smile... and the judges comparing him on the "Tim scale". 

I have to admit though... I thought Tim had too strong of a following to go home this week.  When I watched the performances I said that Aaron or Casey would be going home, and appropriately they were in the bottom three with Tim.  I'm not complaining... but for once I was actually a bit surprised that Tim WASN'T safe. 

In other Idol Gives Back news:
  • Does Idol not know that America depends on DVR's?  Not only did they mess up Glee for America on Tuesday by running 5 mintues late... but then they went SUPER long on Wednesday with Idol Gives Back.  I heard Ryan's claims that we should set our DVR's later so to not miss the elimination... so I set mine 15 minutes later.  THAT wasn't even long enough.  Sheesh! 
  • I loved Alicia Keys as the mentor this week.  She seems so real and down to earth.  I'm jealous that the contestants each got to hang with her for a bit.  I think she gave some pretty decent feedback too.
  • Was it just me or were the performances on Idol Gives Back a little underwhelming? 
    • I love the Black Eyed Peas, but that performance left a lot to be desired. Fergie sounded way off... and all she really had to say was "rock that body" about 527 times. 
    •  And what in the hell was that Joss Stone debacle?  I personally don't understand why Joss Stone is still around or asked to perform at stuff like this but she shows up all the time.  I mean, She hasn't even had a charting single in the US top 40 in her entire career.  She should be a has-been.  And her performance proved why!  Ew.
    • I can't knock Elton John... especially singing Your Song.  I mean... its a classic.  Too bad my DVR cut off not even halfway through :-(.
    • Mary J...  I give her respect, but even that performance seemed a little off to me.  Maybe it was just the night.
  • Wandy Sykes and George Lopez were mildly funny.  I appreciated the realness that they have about the show.  It was funny to have them making fun of American Idol ON American Idol.  I especially loved Wanda talking about how they make the contestants sing after they are eliminated.  "Here! Sing and remind us how bad you are and why we didn't vote for you!" lol...  Maybe that's why Tim didn't sing again at the end.  We could hope (even though its more than likely just because they were already way over in time). 
  • Carrie... I love me some Carrie Underwood.  I love that song and I love her whole new album.  It almost seems like that song was meant for Idol Gives Back or Inspirational Songs week.  It was just a perfect fit.  And as always... she looked flawless. To me, this was the highlight of the night. 

So on to next week!  I read that Ryan announced that next week will be SHANIA TWAIN week!  I am SUPER excited that Shania will be back to mentor.  To me, she was the best guest judge of the entire audition process, and maybe EVER.  She actually gave the contestants great advice and feedback, and I think that now we are down to six contestants that she will really be able to help them out.

Singing songs from the Shania Twain catalog will be interesting, especially for contestants like Mike and Lee.  I'm sure Crystal and Siobhan will be able to find a female-ish song they can connect to... and Casey and Aaron already have a country-ish vibe to them.  Mike and Lee might have a hard time, but then again, maybe this will be the time to push them out of their comfort zone and shine?!  We'll see. 

I've been looking over the Shania Twain song list, and I will see if I can come up for some good suggestions/predictions of what the contestants will sing. 

Until then... here is my Idol ranking of the contestants going into next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment