Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The past two weeks!

Hi everyone!

I apologize for being absent from the blog the past two weeks.  I was off on my cruise for the first week, and then last week my mom and aunt were in town visiting from Michigan (not to mention that I was pretty sick last week).  So unfortunately, my blog time got cut short.

Here's a couple notes about the last two weeks:

  • Bye Bye Didi:  Big SAD FACE for Didi being eliminated way too early.  I will blame it on the cruise and the fact that I wasn't around to vote for her.  The performance of "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" WAS bad though.  But still, we can add Didi to the now long list of contestants that should have lasted longer than several others who are still in the running.  I'll miss her and hope that someday we will see more from her!
  • Katie steps it up:  Last week I was blown away by Katie's "Let It Be".  This is the Katie I remember seeing during her audition and Hollywood Week when I thought she would make it far in the competition.  I'm glad to see she's doing better.  Hopefully she can keep up the powerhouse performances.
  • Casey is rockin':  The past two weeks with "Hold On I'm Comin'" and "Jealous Guy", I feel that Casey is really proving himself.  I like when he rocks out and adds his bluesy vibe.  I've been really impressed with him.
  • India.Arie on Idol: I almost fell off the couch when Michael said he was singing "Ready for Love" by India.Arie, one of my favorite artists of all time.  I thought he did this song justice and put an interesting male vibe on it. I loved it. 
  • Andrew still sucks:  Enough said. 
  • THE SAVE IS USED!  I agree that using the judges save on Michael was a good idea.  If he would have went home #9, it would have been way too early (although I had a feeling since top 12 that Michael would be one contestant who would go home earlier than expected).  Although I agree with them using it, I am worried that it may have been a bit too early.  Now there is a possibility that we will have another surprise boot before this thing is over.  If Crystal goes home top 5 or some crazy shiz like that, I will officially have a freak out.  But, Michael has to feel really good that at top 9 the judges were confident enough in him to use the save.  Pretty awesome!
OK!  That's it for now... I'm getting ready for tonight's performances and I'm so excited!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment