Thursday, May 14, 2009

"A Big Ding-Dong"- Final 3 Results Show

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

After watching the results show I couldn't be any happier! What a SHOW! Here are a few highlights for me:

-Alicia Keys... Let's be real... is it possible to be any more gorgeous and poised? I love her and she looked AMAZING!

-Dancing/singing kid from Africa... mmm... not so much. Sure its cool that he learned the words in 1 week, but i still couldn't understand it. And did anyone else catch that the vocal track for the song made the backup singers sound like they had accents from Africa too? but clearly the camera showed them and they were like average American backup singers. Random!

-Jordin Sparks!!! OK, maybe it was because I listened to that new single of hers easily 50+ times yesterday (it is ROCKIN'! Check it out on iTunes)... but I thought this performance was FIERCE! She came out and rocked that stage that she never had before. We've always known her to be the cutesy you're-on-my-heart-just-like-a-tattoo girl... but last night she came out on that stage with passion in her eyes and she proved that she's a great singer and artist! I really think this single and next album could be great for her!

-Katy Perry's cape! Ummmm... when Katy Perry's performance started and she was wearing that cape that clearly said "Adam Lambert", but Rich and I looked at eachother with dropped jaws. A) That's pretty awesome that someone already in the industry loves a contestant enough to make him part of her wardrobe... and B) I find it crazy that the producer's would let her wear that, showing preference to one contestants... but then again these are the same producers that released official pictures to Entertainment Weekly so that they could do a cover story on Adam Lambert even before he has won the show! Craziness! Katy's performance? Well she really struggles singing live... we also saw this on the Grammy's.... but Katy is smart because she knows she has to make up for it in other areas so she had crazy costumes and backup dancers with big feather fans and money falling from the sky. I give her credit for playing that up.


The Homecomings: As you read in yesterday's post, I was upset that we didn't get to see more of the trips home, so I was glad that tonight they actually shows us this video. Here are some of my favorite moments:

Favorite moment of Danny's homecoming: Seeing Jamar! He totally got snubbed from being a part of the top 36... but I started to formulate a hypothesis about Jamar while I was watching Danny's homecoming. Maybe the judges purposely left Jamar out of the group so that he didn't have to compete against Danny, knowing that Jamar would try out again the following year? Because you KNOW that if Jamar comes back there will be this big story about him during the audution process about how he got cut, but he's coming back a better person, blah blah blah.... I am willing to put money on it now that it will happen. I guess we'll have to wait 'til 2010 to see if I'm right.

Favorite moment of Kris's homecoming: Kris's parents! Gosh they are just so proud of their son... as they should be. They seem like good people and its nice when good things happen to good people. As I said yesterday, these homecomings make the contestants' rise to stardom REAL. We saw during Kris's video that this is really REAL! It's making a huge difference in his life and the life of his family. I can't imagine the pride they were feeling as their son took the stage in Conway Arkansas in front of those thousands and thousands of people. They were bawling, and I would have been too.... I'm so happy for him and for them.

Favorite momet of Adam's homecoming: The kids at the performing arts school! How cute were they!?!? Especially that little boy that asked "How did you get so good at singing and dancing?" SO CUTE! Can you imagine being one of those kids and knowing that Adam was once in your shoes? What an inspiration! And it had to have been so cool for Adam to go back to his roots and be an inspiration to those kids. :-)



Now on to the results... I really felt that Adam and Kris were the deserving two of being the finalists... and AMERICA AGREED! I do have to say that when Ryan read of Kris's name first I was pretty damn shocked. I didn't see it coming that he would be called first... but then again, after it happened, I realized they did that so that it came down to Danny and Adam, the two that everyone though were going to be in the final from week one. There was about 2% of me that was scared that Danny made it through past Adam, but thankfully the other 98% of confidence was correct.

I honestly couldn't be happier with this final. If you look back at the top 13 contestants, it is clear that Kris and Adam are the best out of the bunch. They were the most creative... the most exciting... the most entertaining. They took more chances... and they had more "moments"... I couldn't be happier with this final.

I love when there is a final two that I truly would be happy if either contestant won. I believe the only other year this has happened was season six when I would have been happy with either Jordin Sparks or Blake Lewis winning. Every other season I wanted one more than the other (Kelly over Justin, Fantasia over Diana, Carrie over Bo, Katharine over Taylor, Cook over Archuleta... and well... Ruben and Clay... I didn't really care for either so it didn't matter, LOL). Even though I have consistently loved Adam throughout the season, I wouldn't feel cheated if Kris came in and took the title away. I think either are very deserving.

So... as Simon said... next week is going to be "a big ding-dong" of a finale! I certainly can't wait!!!

I am hoping in the next couple of days I can do some posts leading up to the finale to get all of you pumped up for next week! So be checking back periodically! :-)

What are your thoughts on the final two? Danny's elimination? The streaker at Adam's homecoming? LOL. Click below to post a comment! :-)

2 comments:

  1. All I really have to say is it is about time that Danny gets kicked off!! I have been waiting for this since the beginning of the Top 13. I just don't like him at all, he never did anything real creative at all and usually you can't last that long and not do anything original. The only time I liked Danny is when he sang Renegade with (my favorite) Kris. I really, really would like for Kris to win it all, kind of like an underdog story, but I still think it will probably be Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda thought of Adam as the anti-Idol, but turns out, he's quite marketable, eh? Kris is more in step with the kind of music I like, so I guess I'm rooting for him!
    -James

    ReplyDelete