Thursday, April 9, 2009

Songs From The Year You Were Born: Top 8 Results

OMG... I feel like there is so much that needs to be said about Wednesday night's results show! It's going to be hard to contain it all in one post! :-)



Let's start with the group number. OMG! Were the producers reading my blog?!? Did they finally see how aggrevated I was with the lip syncing??? THANK YOU Idol for bringing back the live group song.



With that said... (dramatic music...)... halfway through the number I said "maybe they should stick to lip syncing!" LOL! Not really... but they did sound pretty bad together on some notes. I'm going to chalk that up to song choice though. As much as the judges harp on the contestants for song choice, the judges really should take the same advice. Out of all the songs in 2002, this song was the best choice? Hardly. Don't get me wrong... its a fun song to dance to if you're out at a club... but not a song to feature vocalists. I thought some parts of it were good though (Matt, Adam, and actually, I kinda liked Allison singing this song...).



One of the highlights of the show for me though was during this group number when it came time for Adam's solo bit, and they gave him the lyric "There's a dark secret in me"... I was literally LOL'ing. :-) I am sure Adam was too... as I'm sure he found humor in that.



I liked the Ford Music Video this week too. Probably the most fun one of the season so far with the Magic Show theme. I also liked that you could see Matt's personality during the making-the-video clip. He's a funny guy! I bet he keeps the group laughing when everyone's hanging out.

So then Adam comments on Simon's standing O... and he's exactly right, I've never seen Simon willingly give a standing ovation to anyone in the eight years I've been watching the show. Pretty awesome!

The mayor of Kalamazoo is in town, which I think is pretty cool that Ryan calls it out and gives him a chance to stand up. I can't remember that happening for any previous contestant, so pretty cool that Kalamazoo gets represented like that!

So on to the results: Adam is safe (duh!) And then its between Kris and Anoop. To be honest, I really had a bad feeling that it was going to be Kris in the bottom three because the way the producers set it up.... and the fact that the judges gave Kris bad reviews last night. I had a feeling it was going to be a shocker. Thank goodness it wasn't. Anoop is pulled down first... and he really couldn't have been to surprised. He's starting to appear in the bottom three often.

Next up: Performance by Flo-Rida. I actually thought it was gonna suck worse than it did. He wasn't bad. He's one guy you don't see much of even though his songs are all over everywhere all of the time. He seems like a nice guy despite the tough exterior.

Ryan calls out results again, and Danny is safe. I hate that he seems to have this sense of entitlement. I want him to be in the bottom three so bad. He has this smug-like attitude like he knows he's going to be safe. bah!

Matt is up next... poor Matt. Last week Ryan played with his emotions... telling him to take a seat (dramatic pause....) on the couch! Then this week he has to deal with the stress (dramatic pause...) of being in the competition again next week! Just give Matt a break already!

Scott is in the bottom three. (duh!)

Allison and Lil are left. It should be Lil... but my gut is telling me its going to be Allison because she's been in the bottom three before. My gut is wrong again, and its Lil. Too bad she's in the bottom.... but it had to happen sometime. At least she was wearing a cool shirt!

Ryan says that he's sending someone back to safety, and its Lil. WHEW... we're one step closer to Scott being gone.

Next up, a performance by Idol alum Kellie Pickler. I've heard the song "Best Days Of Your Life" before this show, and I actually really like the song... and think it could be a big single for Kellie. She didn't sing it so well though... thats for sure. If this really was Idol, I think Randy wouldn't be "feelin' it dawg"... and i think Simon would say it was "complete rubbish". Let's be real about Kellie's look though. She looked (as Perez Hilton would say) Faboosh! The dress, the hair, the makeup... all good in my opinion! It really is funny to think of how Kellie was on Idol a few years ago, and to know now that she is a legitimate country artist that has a following. She's still cute as a button... I love to hear her talk. I especially love when Ryan tells everyone that her concert at the Staples Center sold out in two minutes and then she immediately says to the audience "I hope y'all can come!". IT'S SOLD OUT KELLIE. We can't come.

So its down to elimination time: Only 30,000 votes separate them. It seems like a lot... but when you're dealing with 34 million votes, that is so small. Take the 34 million and divide that by the 8 contestants that are left and each would get 4.25 million votes (of course we know that some receive many more than others) Let's say that they only received 3 million a piece which is probably pretty acurate... then 30,000 is just 1 percent! THAT'S CLOSE!

OK... enough math... this reading is supposed to be fun...

The verdict is Scott! YAY! It was his time for sure.

But wait... he gets to sing for safety! (yeah right...)

I felt kinda bad that they didn't give him the guitar to sing again. It seems that they would let you perform the song just as you did before in order to make it comfortable for the contestant. Oh well... It would give him a chance to focus on his vocals and maybe he'd hit the notes he missed Tuesday, right? Ummm.... no. Some of the notes (like the high one.... and the last one...) were worse than he performed them before!

So the judges decision would be easy, right? It's a no. Wait.... you're thinking about it??!? Simon says its "a whole different ball game?!?!" WHAT?!?! There's no way.

The other thing Simon says is that 2 people want him to stay and 2 people want him to go. Well then, DUMBASSES, its a NO because it has to be UNANIMOUS! The whole point of unanimous is that all four judges agree.

Basically the next minute and a half are filled with unneeded banter... and Simon finally mans up to the judges table and let's Scott know its the end of the road. Thank goodness!!!! If they would have used the judges save this week, you KNOW that Adam would have been voted off next week and they'd have no save to use.

I'm starting to wonder if it will even get used? I guess we'll only know in the next two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment