Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Songs of the Cinema: Top 7 Results

Damn, I'm good.


:-)


We'll get back to that later.... lol!

Tonight's results had its ups (like Paula's boobs pushed UP in that dress!) and its downs (like the downturn in performances by the special guests).... but all in all, it will be the most talked about results show in a really long time.

First... can I say that this week FINALLY had a really good group song? I know "Maniac" isn't a song everyone would prefer to hear in a group sing-a-long... but I thought it actually was pretty good. It ws good for three reasons:
1) No lip syncing! YAY!
2) No Scott
3) No Megan

When you take Scott and Megan out of the equation, the Idols actually sounded pretty darn good together! :-) Plus, I liked that they gave each of the Idols their own part of the song to sing. It did seem like they were featuring Matt though. Hmmmm.... maybe they were bringing attention to him for a reason? lol. I do have to say though... that after watching that group song, it did make me a wee bit more excited for the American Idol tour this summer. I said after the atrocity that was last year's tour that it would take me a lot to go to this year's... but I think Adam alone is enough to get me there. Add in a side of Kris, and I'm sold!

The guest performances??? Umm. Not impressed. OK, so I know Jennifer Hudson can sing. And I actually do like her first single "Spotlight".... but this song she sang tonight was horrible! Whichever agent or manager told her to release this as her next single should be fired. I wasn't drawn into the performance at all.... It didn't make me want to go to iTunes and purchase it. And let's be real folks... these stars do the show for publicity which leads to sales!

Miley? I really do like this song (yes... I know its a cheesy inspirational song, but I do like it). The performance was SOOOOO WEIRD though!!! Was I the only one that thought she was high on drugs? I mean seriously! The glassy eyes were out of control! Whenever the camera would do the famous Idol sweep from one side of the stage to the other she would just look blankly straight ahead and not into the camera at all! There was absolutely no connection there. And sour notes. And a dress that didn't fit her (size wise or personality wise). Plus... get that damn hair out of your face girl! Sheesh! You're on Idol wearing a ball gown and you're gonna let your hair fall in your face like you're wearing a tshirt and jeans?!?! whatever.

So.... here's some more Idol insider scoop that you may not know. Neither Miley or Jennifer were there tonight. In fact, I'm almost positive that Jennifer Hudson taped her performance the week before I went to the show (three weeks ago) and Miley taped her segment the week I was there (two weeks ago). The tapings were done either after the results shows those weeks.... or after the dress rehersal tapings with the live audience.

How do I know this??? Well first of all, when I was at the show I heard about them taping Jennifer Hudson's performance the week before... and did get a little rumor from another person that Miley was taping the same week I was there. So tonight, when it said they were performing, I paid close attention. If you notice, first of all the stage is completely clear.... no contestants (that would give it away). Plus, I noticed that the four people sitting in the judges seats are NOT THE JUDGES! I promise you. If you have DVR, go back and check. From behind they look like Randy, Kara, Paula and Simon.... because they are stand-ins, hired to look like them! :-) There are a couple times when the camera does that famous "Idol-sweep" across the stage, and when they come around the circle you can see the front side of the "Randy" and "Kara" and it is OBVIOUSLY not them. Plus.... let's be real... if Jennifer was singing in front of the judges, the producers would cut in shots of the judges looking on, so "proud" of thier Idol alum. And I would take a good guess that they would want them to make comments about how far the contestant has come. None of that happened.

And if that wasn't enough to convince you.... how about all of that fog on the stage for Miley's performance that mysteriously dissapears when they shoot over to Anoop and Lil sitting on the stools. FAKE! I love that I got to go to the show though, because now I can totally pick out the fake elements when they happen.


OK.... so on to the biggest deal.... the results.

Can I be honest that I was a little sad for Anoop. He did really, really well last night. One of his best, no doubt.... but the kid still can't get a break! I'm glad he was the first one sent to safety though..... because I wouldn't have wanted to see him go through standing in the bottom two AGAIN!

The other two in the bottom two were no shock: Lil and Matt. I think almost everyone you ask who watches the show could have told you that was going to happen.

Then.... what happens?!?! Matt is the lowest vote getter and must sing for his survival. (Note to readers: I TOTALLY owned this in my write up of last nights recap and predictions.... I TOTALLY said that was going to happen. Yeah... I'm a B.A.)

I think the moment was absolutely right for the judges to use the save. Matt sang better... the crowd was chanting incessently. It was perfect. Plus... let's be real.... Matt IS worthy of the save. I agree that he's not going to win.... but he's much better than he was this week.

(side note: wtf was up with Paula and Kara standing and singing along with Matt?!?! That was hella awkward!)

Here's one thing that I will almost guarantee: Unless Matt completely bombs next week, there's no way he's going home.... even with two people leaving next week. Because of all the awareness this will bring him and the show for being "the chosen one"... all the people that love matt are going to rally behind him and vote vote vote!

With two people going home, it really makes things interesting. I think Lil will be one for sure...and I guess it depends on the performances. The second person could be Matt... Anoop.... Allison.

OK... my eyes are literally closing... so I better head to bed. Happy reading! I'd love to hear your thoughts!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Matt

    GREAT JOB again!! You are so good at predicting the results.

    Allison - I was surprised that Simon told her she is the last hope for the girls. I think she's OK, but I don't see as "the next great thing". I think she still has a ways to go with her vocals and I don't see her being the next Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus. If she gets to the top three I can't see her getting her career started yet.

    Lil - I've been over her for a while now. She doesn't listen to the judges advice and she continues to pick WRONG songs. She doesn't know her voice well enough to know what will work for her. I think it's time for her to go and I was SHOCKED that she had more votes than Matt. She should go home next week and if she continues the way she has she WILL.

    Danny - SOOOO OVER HIM!! I don't think he is improving at all and I agree with you that he's become COCKY!! He needs to hit the bottom three a couple times to take some of the wind out of his sails. He doesn't do what Adam does - and HELLO - did anyone watch David Cook - he did what Adam is doing and made the songs his own!! Here's your wake up call Danny!! If you want to stay in it you need to change up the songs and make them work for your voice. I hope he hits the bottom next week.

    Adam - OMG - another great performance - what else can you say - He's in it to WIN IT!!

    Kris - I thought the song was a little boring and was glad when it was over. He did a good job and I agree with Kara, I just didn't like the song.

    Anoop - That poor guy. I liked his song choice and the way he made it work for him. I was surprised to see him in the bottom three. I was glad he got the early "save" and went back to the couch. I really like Anoop and I think he is listening to the judges. I'd like to see him in the top three with Adam and KRIS!!

    Matt - This poor guy. He did mess up the song pretty good. He sang it "just OK". I wasn't surprised to see him in the bottom either, but it did surprise me that Lil beat him in votes. I was NOT surprised that the judges saved him. I think Matt will come back on Tuesday and SLAY them with a great song (I hope)!!

    Thank for the Blog Matt and GREAT JOB on the predictions!!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt! I love your blog! I especially enjoy the secretive behind the scenes information. :) Keep up the excellent work!

    ~Linzi (Mackley) Schwieger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if I thought that Miley's performance was less than stellar... what was up with the crazy head banging?
    I sincerely hope that Lil goes home this week. She's got too much attitude and needs to learn to listen.

    Awesome recap, and thanks for the behind the scenes info :)

    ReplyDelete